It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, September 14, 2013

More Pain, Less STUFF and the Weber is Back.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

After having a worse night than on Thursday night I re-examined what could be the cause of my leg cramps. I was suspecting that it was due to lack of exercise but it really started to intensify on Wednesday night. That coincided with a new medication my doctor had switched me to. Very early this morning I pulled out the medication warning sheet and found muscle pain to be at the top of the side effect. This morning I stopped the medication and will wait until Monday to talk with my doctor. 

Kathy had gone through a similar problem last winter when just before we left her doctor had changed one of her medications for her Arthritis. She suffered in pain the whole time we were away and it was not until our return home in late April that her doctor again changed her medication to something that worked. 

We have read other bloggers that had the same kinds of problems. One medication might work great for a lot of people with a medical problem but then others have side effects and require a different medication for the same illness. 

After breakfast I managed to replace the control valve/regulator on our Weber Q as well as removing one shelf that Kathy didn’t want over her desk. Once lunch was finished Kathy helped me with the dishes. I then disassembled our Coleman grill that we normally keep in the trailer and totally scrubbed it sparkling clean. 

We then loaded the car and headed to Guardian Storage where we keep the trailer. We store the Coleman grill back in the outside kitchen and I retrieved my two foot level so I could reinstall the shelf that I removed from over Kathy’s desk to over my desk. On our way home we also stopped at Value Village to drop off more STUFF we’re getting rid of as a donation to the Diabetes Association. 

As soon as we walked in the door we could see we had a phone message waiting. Louis was interested in our file cabinet that we had advertised on Kijiji. We had to waste a bit of time until he arrived but he was happy with the file cabinet and we’re happy to have gotten rid of more STUFF
Using George the Weber Q Man’s advice I used our newly repaired Weber to grill a couple of nice salmon steaks while Kathy made some nice Egg Rolls and Strawberry Vanilla puddings for dessert. 
Tomorrow is looking to be another nice day so we’re going to try more outdoor activities to keep us busy. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.          

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You give up smoking for three hours every New Year's Day



4 comments:

  1. Great that you have your Weber up and running again. Don't know what I would do without our. Nothing quite like salmon on the grill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...how did your doctor miss that. Good for you that you looked at the med's side effects. Hope you get a ton of relief. My legs hurt for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we never know what side effect meds give us until it happens...glad you backed off on it and hope the dr monday has good news for you!!

    ReplyDelete