It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, September 23, 2013

Helping Out.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

Yesterday when we were helping our daughter Karen clean her garage there were a few things she had made note of that were just waiting for Greg to install them. So when Kathy and I got home last night I suggested that we go back there and install them when nobody was around. 
Last week the trees still had all their leaves.
Luckily both of us slept soundly last night because of the fresh air and Kathy even slept an hour later than I did this morning. While watching the Weather Channel as we had our cereal and coffee for breakfast we saw the temperatures were going to be on the cool side today so we opted to go back to Karen’s this morning unannounced and help fix things up. 
By the time I gathered my tools to bring along it was nearly 10:00 when we arrived. I did that because Greg’s toolbox is so disorganized I’d have spent the morning looking for the tools that I needed. Having our own keys to their home is also helpful especially if we had to bring one of the grandchildren home from school or having to bring the spare car keys to someone that accidently locked their set in their vehicle. 

As soon as we opened the door Sanford greeted us with his tail just a wagging hard enough to leave a bruise if it hit you. He was disappointed when Kathy went to make certain everything was out of my way and I was taking the Ceiling Fan out of the box. It didn’t take long to remove the old fixture but the new fan was complicated in the sense that there were a lot of small pieces to assemble when most times that has already been put together. Kathy took Sanford outside for a short walk and potty break in the back yard and returned just on time to start handing me a whole host of pieces that could not be preassembled but had to be assembled in the overhead position. 

Once the lamp and fan were working we went to granddaughter Kylla’s bedroom and hung a picture over her bed. It was four foot picture and she was waiting for her dad to install it for her. She had purchased this picture on her own from money that she has earned. It only took a few minutes to hang it level. 

Lastly there was a Pendant that we hung on the fence that again Karen had bought and was waiting for Greg to hang it. I actually had a problem when the head of the screw I had used was too large. Once I had completed that job there was a pup who insisted I throw the ball for him to retrieve for a while. After a couple dozen throws my arm told me it had been a long time since I’d done that so I called it quits much to the disappointment of Sanford. 

It was after 1:00 by the time we finished lunch back at the apartment and with all this fresh air Kathy needed a Snap. I busied myself replacing my tools in the toolbox in our storage room and then I moved a couple of file folders from Kathy’s PC to her laptop so she’ll have them with her when we travel. 
Most trees are already loosing their leaves this week.
We needed more exercise so we decided to head to the Tecumseh Mall where we walked around until we arrived at Sobey’s Grocery Store. They had a number of things on sale and one of those things was barbecued chicken at the deli counter. Since we had already finished the last one we had gotten and we love to eat chicken this was a great deal. At lunch we had also noted a few other things we were running out of and strangely they were on sale as well. The line-ups at the checkouts were long so I left Kathy to tend to that while I walked through the mall to get the car that was parked at the other end of the building. By the time she was just coming out of the store I was pulling up with the car. 

We enjoyed our chicken dinner with Mediterranean Salad and felt very contented after a satisfying day. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.          

Krackers

Where was Solomon's temple?

On either side of his head.

2 comments:

  1. We are back in the land of the living. Going to try to catch up on everyone's posts.

    Boy are you two a couple of wonderful parents. How nice to just go and do it! I am sure Karen was thrilled when she came home. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you want to adopt me...I have stuff that needs to be hung up too!

    ReplyDelete