It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, September 6, 2013

Change of Plans.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

Both Kathy and I are wishing we could head south soon and it’s not because of the warm weather it’s about sleeping in the trailer. Here at the apartment we get a good night’s sleep occasionally but in the trailer we occasionally get a bad night’s sleep. Since the temperatures are starting to be cooler we slept with the windows ajar but by 8:00 my back was telling me it was time to get moving after tossing and turning all night and before I had finished getting the coffee made Kathy already joined me. 

The weather was cool but clear and it felt like a day for getting out to do things but we were waiting for a call from someone interested in buying our large file cabinet. So with the thought of filling the time I immediately thought about doing the laundry. When Kathy heard that she thought it would be an equally good idea to change the bed linens while I was at it. It was nearly 10:00 by the time I got downstairs but I was totally by myself so I was able to get everything going without a problem. Only after I got everything put into the dryers did someone else come in to start their wash. 

Since I had an hour before the clothes would be dried I thought of returning to the apartment to start reading E-mails and blogs. However as I was passing the maintenance room I saw Dan the building’s maintenance man an stopped to ask if he had received the work order Kathy had put in for resealing our kitchen sink as it was dripping below into the pots and pans stored there. As it turned out he was heading to our apartment with the parts and supplies that he thought he might need. He noticed leakage at the faucet as well so he replaced it as well as resealing the sink. 

Kathy had been doing more research for things to do while we’re down in Florida next winter and by the time Dan left I only had fifteen minutes to eat a sandwich and go back to fold the laundry. When I went back downstairs she changed her chore to mopping & dusting. Ever since last winter while we were away and the contractors refinished our balcony she has been fighting a constant battle with the dust that seems to be hiding in our apartment. When I returned nearly an hour later she was soaking wet with perspiration from just chasing dust bunnies. 

The other day Kathy made a list of things that became unplanned expenses for us this year. The year 2013 added an additional 13 expenses that cut deeply into our savings and budget. John from Dominion Collision Body Shop called around 4:00 saying all the parts should be in next Thursday so I could bring the truck in on Friday the 13th. Kathy immediately said we’ll bring it in on Thursday. For someone who is not superstitious that didn’t sound good. 

She later received an E-mail from the person interested in the file cabinet saying he’d had second thoughts which is nothing new but then someone else was asking questions so we’ll hope we don’t lose another day waiting around tomorrow. For supper Kathy didn’t feel like cooking so we used a coupon at KFC and we each enjoyed a three piece chicken dinner for less than fifteen dollars. It was satisfying without being overly stuffy. 

We’ll be stopping at the trailer to start cleaning out the pantry before bringing the trailer in for winterizing. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.          

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your bedside lamp is a flashlight.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about heading south. I found that over the summer I slept better in the trailer. You will be counting the days soon until you head south.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably less dust bunnies to chase in the RV, too!!

    ReplyDelete