It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, August 9, 2013

Taking Shape and a Helping Visit.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

Kathy had another toss and turn night leaving her very tired when she got up this morning. Myself someone could have broken into the apartment and I wouldn’t have heard it happen and woke up feeling better rested than I have in a long time. After toast and coffee for breakfast we spent time reading E-mails and the morning blogs we follow before Kathy started cooking. 

She raided the freezer and found a ham bone that she had been planning to use for making homemade pea soup with. After she had boiled it I cleaned the remaining meat off the bone so we could put that back into the soup. Unfortunately it wasn’t ready until well after we had lunch because Kathy likes to let her soups rest overnight so that it tastes better the next day. 

After lunch Kathy convinced me to assemble my new computer desk which was no problem and only took about a half hour to do. Kathy even watched me do it through her closed eyelids. One minute I was just starting the assembly and a second later she opened her eyes to see me attaching the top shelves. 

That was the easy part now she wanted me to take out my old workstation out of the office and set up my computer on the new desk. The problem with that was that my desk is like the control center for the phones and the DSL modem including all the printers that are strictly run from that computer and the battery backup surge protector. Since this new desk is like a cart on wheels I had to start tying up the excess wires so they wouldn’t fall into the path of the wheels. It took almost two hours to change it all over but I now have to go through some extra paperwork I had on my other desk. I guess Kathy will get her Christmas Wish of my cleaning my desk off early. 

When that job was done it was time to fire up the Weber Q to grill a couple of steaks that cooked up really nice and went well with the carrots and mashed potatoes that Kathy had made up. While we were finishing supper the phone rang and it was our daughter Karen asking us to take our granddaughter Kylla to the Tecumseh Mall. They are all leaving at 5:00 in the morning heading to Pigeon Forge for a week and mom and dad are frantically busy trying to get everything packed tonight. 

We didn’t mind at all because it gave Kathy and Kylla time to visit like they used to do and Kylla also respects Kathy’s opinions on clothing styles more than her mothers. They had a leisure time visiting and shopping while I tried to write the blog in the car but to no avail as somehow the computer locked up and it took a while to get it to work again. They were both happy with Kylla’s purchases and it didn’t break the bank either. 

After dropping Kylla off at home and wishing her a good trip we headed back to the apartment where we started making plans for what we’ll do tomorrow. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.          

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

The only time you ever used condoms was as balloons.

No comments:

Post a Comment