It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Getting Somewhere.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Even after waking before 7:00 the last two mornings in a row and feeling like you’re about to drop in your tracks didn’t stop me from being wide awake early for a third morning. I just lay there in hopes of nodding off for a short while longer but less than twenty minutes later my aching back told me it was time to get up. Of course by the time I started making the coffee and had the curtains opened in the living room I could hear Kathy getting out of bed. She needs more sleep than I do but as soon as I leave the room she senses my absence and starts to wake up. 
We had toast with rhubarb sauce with our coffees before heading to the computers shortly after 8:00. Once Kathy was finished her reading she started researching again. By the time we had left Florida at the end of this past March she had already made our reservations for the months of January, February and the first three weeks of March. It seemed that the few she tried to reserve since then thought it better that we try again in November. Sounded like they weren’t too anxious for business and when she checked their reviews there was not too many nice ones. Finally she managed to find a two day stopover that will give us a rest after leaving Key West. By this afternoon we had another confirmation and her search continues. 
I had a spreadsheet that I needed to adjust because it was made to perform all the calculations in metric and changes things to standard. Now this might not make a lot of sense to some people but I had to make a spreadsheet almost identical that performed the calculations in standard and changes things to metric. There were also calculations that were dependent on each other and I had to make it so the metric or standard calculations could be removed entirely from either file and the other could continue to function independently. I had that completed shortly after lunch but when I tried to modify my own file that was similar but different Murphy kept messing things up for me so I’ll just try again another day. 
Once supper rolled around we thought we’d share a nice big Western Omelet. Even though we have appointments tomorrow we’ll probably be doing some store walking amongst the other interesting things to do. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You've touched up your truck's paint with a Sharpie.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your plans are all coming together...it will be here before you know it. Time just seems to fly these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand your thoughts about the spreadsheet. I taught computer software to high school students for years. They weren't to thrilled when it came time to learn how and why to use a spreadsheet.

    ReplyDelete