It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, June 24, 2013

Falling Into Place.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Something must be wrong because it only took one bad night of sleep for me to get a decent one. Normally I have three or four in a row before succumbing to my body’s desire to actually sleep. Unfortunately I believe that the added pain I was experiencing might just have helped me sleep as a way of healing. I guaranteed Kathy that I would follow the doctor’s orders of taking it easy so that would help my healing faster for us to be able to enjoy our traveling again sooner. The problem was I did something we all do every night I laid down on the bed. There were no fancy acrobatic moves just a simple sit down then pull my legs up and lay down. For a few moments I thought that I’d ripped open the entire incision from the pain I was experiencing but when Kathy checked under my shirt there were no visible signs of a problem. 
I slept until nearly 8:00 this morning and the pain continued through most of the day. The Weather Channel continued to show the damage cause by flooding out west and then they also showed how our area is under a heat advisory for the remainder of the week. With temperatures feeling like they were over the century mark our decision to stay inside unless we really needed to go out was made. We spent most of the morning working on our computers and we both managed to finish our blog reading and other computer work long before lunch.  
Right after we had finished eating our lunch the Ford Dealership called telling us that the truck was ready to go. So I ran the car around to the front lobby with the AC cranked to cool it down because this kind of air quality makes it difficult for Kathy to breath. When we got to the dealership we cruised the service lot to see where it was parked and couldn’t find it. When we went inside the service manager looked at the bill and said it was parked right behind the building but neither Kathy nor I had seen it. It made us think if we couldn’t see our own vehicle and we were looking for it that the two people who had at different times backed into it with their vehicles had said the same thing, they hadn’t seen it parked there. Maybe this is the script for a new Si-Fi. Kathy headed for home in the car and the service manager had the truck brought near the service door for me because they knew that I’d just had surgery.  
I made another stop to pick up my welding machine that I had dropped off for service last week as well. By the time I got home Kathy was watching an old western classic with Allen Ladd that she found while surfing the channel guide while waiting for my arrival. Only minutes after sitting down to watch it the phone rings and it was Bell telephone. Any time you speak to a tech or service manager the conversations are recorded and the representative is also making a typed report. Remember the other day how I said the two halves of the company were like children not wanting to share a toy (our E-mail addresses). Upper management agreed that since we were still with Bell that our old Bell DSL addresses should be transferable to our Bell Turbo Hub. A sweet victory for the guy with the big mouth even after all the trouble I went to setting up our new G-mail accounts. 
Tomorrow Kathy has a few appointments and we’ll get some other outings in. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You run out of beer and your friends go home.

1 comment:

  1. They say it is a bad sign when you cannot find your vehicle in a parking lot:)

    ReplyDelete