It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Busy Last Day.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

We both managed to sleep fairly well last night and even though we waited until the 11 o’clock news was finished before turning off the lights we were both awake by 7:30 this morning. We had a very simple breakfast of Kathy’s homemade Walnut Date Loaf bread with butter on it. It was filling enough that we only had one slice each. 
Since my surgery is scheduled for tomorrow our plans were for me to do the laundry today while Kathy would do the dusting and vacuuming in the apartment. I had no sooner sorted the laundry when the phone rang. Our daughter Karen had managed to lock her keys in her car at work and needed for us to bring out her spare. Kathy came along for the ride while I retrieved the spare key from Karen’s key hook at her house and then drove across town to the University of Windsor. When we were a block away Kathy called Karen’s cell phone and she came out to meet us. 
We had taken the Expressway to go bring the key so from the time she had first called it had only taken us twenty minutes total to get there. On the way home we just took Riverside Drive which was a more relaxed and scenic route taking us nearly thirty minutes to drive directly back home.  
It was still early enough that I had no problems getting all the washers and dryers that I needed when I needed them. I needed to rest after I had finished folding all the laundry because I was wearing my hernia belt the whole time and it tends to get uncomfortable even though it is only doing its job. While taking my break Metropolitan Hospital where I’m having my surgery tomorrow called to say that the procedure had been moved up by a half hour so I’ll have to arrive earlier as well. 
Kathy and I needed to run a few errands this afternoon so we managed to get them completed before going out for supper. We went to the Michigan Diner on Manning Road where between the hours of 3:00 and 6:00 they give seniors discounts. So we managed to enjoy a wonderful Fish and Chips dinner at a reasonable price all served in a 50’s theme that we both love. 
Back at the apartment I went outside to put things into the tool cabinets of the truck because we’ll be dropping it off at the dealer for some warranty work before heading to the hospital. While I was doing that Kathy was cooking the Celery Root that I had cleaned this morning for her. Even though it is vegetable we tend to eat it like a dessert and as of the time of my typing this post there is no longer any Celery Root left in this apartment. 
At the Pre-op appointment last week I was told that because of my Sleep Apnea problem and being given an anesthetic tomorrow I’ll probably be staying overnight. If that’s the case you’ll be hearing from us on Thursday. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Why can't skeletons play music in church?

They have no organs.

4 comments:

  1. Praying for a successful surgery, Rick. Also, for a complete recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your surgery! Hope it goes as well as Harry's did. It's been three weeks since he had the procedure and he's feeling better than he has in months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now it's my turn to return the kind thoughts you've given me. I hope your procedure goes smoothly and that you are back home and comfortably healing soon.

    ReplyDelete