It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Chores and Fun.


Our Location today is Sevierville, Tennessee.

After a very busy day yesterday you’d think we’d be sleeping like a couple of rocks. Not! After tossing and turning for nearly two hours I spent the next two up and two more looking at the ceiling. Of course when I am not in the bed Kathy lays awake waiting for my return. We finally got a few hours rest before getting up to start our day. 
Pepperoni pizza and prune pudding
Having a light breakfast because we were later than normal we did a quick check of the computers before I started changing the bed linens. While Kathy started cleaning things in the trailer I sorted the laundry finishing those chores minutes after eleven so we had and early lunch. 
Lots of street rodders staying in the park.
Kathy continued with her cleaning after I left for the laundry room. Of course pulling our shopping cart we use for doing the laundry with four wash loads in it through a thick layer of pea gravel was a chore by itself. When I arrived the place was packed but they told me there was another laundry room further to the south side of the park. Trudging through more pea gravel I managed to get two loads of wash started in the second location. 
Sign in Gatlinburg.
There had been a dryer running when I first arrived but it had been stopped for a while by the time I needed to start drying our clothes. After starting one load drying and another load in the washer I opened that dryer and pulled out a bunch of old wash towels that were full of holes and stunk. The lint filter looked like a miniature bale of cotton from all the lint in it to the point I had to squeeze my hand as far as I could into the vent to get more of it out. That was nearing the point of being a fire hazard. 
 
Moonshine from beginning to the retail end.

Once I had both washers and both dryers going I made a quick trip back to the trailer for a snack and to refill my water bottle. Letting Kathy know where I was and why it was taking so long. As the dryers finished their first load I would immediately transfer another load to be dried while I folded the clean clothes. With only a short pause I had completely folded everything and had loaded our shopping cart when a young gentleman came in to retrieve his rags. That was over two hours after they had stopped. He drove away in a catering truck. I wonder what he’ll use those  rags to clean?

Twice baked potatoes and Salmon Fillet.
Back at the trailer the temp was in the upper 80’s with a cloudless sky so Kathy needed to turn on the Air Conditioner while I went outside to repack the basement for tomorrows travels before sitting down to write this post. Tonight Kathy and I had tickets to attend The Platters Impersonators and the Motown Sound that we grew up with right across the border. Here is just a few of the five hundred plus shots I took.

This is a show that both Kathy and I highly recommend seeing if you're in the Pigeon Forge Area. They did a fantastic job! Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You've ever been arrested for loitering.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun time.....(except for the laundry) You like the same music we do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i seen them in nashville last year ...they put on a great show !!! So glad you had a good time :) Safe travels

    ReplyDelete