It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Leisure Exploring Day.



Our Location today is Apopka, Florida.

With a combination of a lot of walking, plenty of fresh air, our full tummies and the lateness that we finally got to bed at last night we slept solid throughout the night. We didn’t hear the road noise from the highway and there were no further visits from Not Me.
Indian Princess mural shining through our shade by the morning sun.
After enjoying a light leisurely breakfast with a second cup of coffee we sat for a short while at the computers getting caught up on E-mails and Blogs. I had a few things that I needed to do outside as well as checking things on the truck. First I piled our firewood that we had brought from the last campground under the edge of the trailer. Then I put the tripod under the kingpin to add more stability to the trailer.
Playground for the park visiting children.
Community fire pit unless you have your own portable pit.
Very clean wash/shower rooms.
By the time I had finished my outside chores Kathy had already made lunch by recreating the leftover roast we had the other night into a great tasting stew.
Apopka, Florida.
Once we were finished washing the dishes we drove into the town of Apopka. We were basically familiarizing ourselves with the area since this will be our home base for the next month. We drove for only fifteen minutes when we came across another Walmart location so we stopped in. The place was packed with shoppers mostly getting food and beverages for today’s Super Bowl football game.
Our cement patio.
Each time we have gone to Walmart lately we have had a list of things we have tried to find without any luck. Today we actually had a chance to scratch four of those items off of our list today.
Our site from near the pool.
On our way back to the trailer we made a quick stop at Harbor Freight to pass a little time. That place is like a candy store for people that need/want tools at reasonable prices. I found something that I wanted for the truck that was only twenty dollars and by the time I walked out it only cost me fifteen. I had received a great discount. That would have been a give away price back home.
This is the best you can do for a sunset in this park.
Back at the trailer it was getting close to supper so I set up the barbecue while Kathy got out Hamburgers for me to grill. She also made a great warm potato salad and mixed bean salad along with small sized Strawberry Shortcakes for dessert. It was more than enough and we didn’t feel like we’d overeaten like last night.
Kathy and I would like to take this time to welcome three new followers to our blog. First we’d like to welcome Sandy Beaudry from the blog Happy Trails as she and her husband Denis have been full timing since 2007 and loving every minute of it. Next we would also like to welcome jogeo48ca and Tro. Unfortunately neither of them has any blogger information that I could pass along on a shout out but if they ever get a chance to update their profiles then I will pass it along.
Looking through these trees you see and hear the highway.
Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Doctor, doctor, everyone thinks I'm a liar.

Well, I can't believe that.

5 comments:

  1. It is always good to make things off the Wally World list! Glad you had a nice day. We grilled burgers too!

    Have a great week.....until next time, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice that Denis and Sandy dropped in. They are a super couple and great friends we keep running into on the road all over this great country.
    Super looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Rick and Kathy; Thank you for welcoming me to your blog. I do have a few questions to ask you about part time travel, is there a email address for you where I can ask these questions? Thank You. You can send me an email at jogeo48ca@yahoo.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great week exploring your new home for the upcoming month. Look forward to hearing about your new finds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also thanks so much for all the info you provided last week.Definitely putting it on my wish list. Appreciate the help.

    ReplyDelete