It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Visiting Laundry Day.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Kathy and I both slept soundly last night until nearly 9:00 this morning. Yet we were still tired due to the last few sleepless nights we have been having. 
Bill and Vera at Cracker Barrel.
We don't have a clue who the woman in the background is.
As soon as breakfast was over Kathy headed to the computer while I stripped the linens off the bed and readied myself to go work on the laundry. The laundry room was busy so it was a matter of starting one load at a time. After the washers were started I collected the mail and brought it up to our apartment where I found Kathy just putting the vacuum cleaner away.
Vera, Bill and Kathy joking around in Waldrug, South Dakota.
Within the half hour I was back downstairs to transfer the wash to the dryers before heading up for lunch. I also had a chance to start reading some of the blogs we follow. 
Bill, Kathy and Vera up to their necks in hot water at
Fountain of Youth RV Park, Thermopolis, Wyoming.
Once I had finished folding the laundry I needed to just sit and relax as the hernia belt seems to restrict my breathing somewhat as well as the pain from the hernia. I had planned on making the bed but just didn’t seem to have the energy to do it at that time so I finally got caught up on my blog reading.
Bill, Vera and Kathy in Colorado
As we were finishing our supper the phone rang. It was our friends Bill and Vera and they were stopping by for a very short visit. Within the half hour we met them at the front door and gave them a tour of our apartment. I had not made the bed yet but they were very understanding of my condition. We had an enjoyable visit exchanging news of both their and our families as well of recapping the trip we took together this past summer. Bill and Vera also brought us a gift of homemade Hungarian Hurka. Hurka is similar to sausage but with rice and spicing blended into the casings and both Kathy and I really like the way they make theirs.
Bill and Vera visiting with Kathy and I
Now once I have posted our blog tonight I will go make the bed up and put it to good use. Maybe this way we can get rested for the next 25 days that we have until Christmas. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Office Jokes, Quotes, and Anecdotes

Shirts, Ties, Socks, Teddy Bear?

British hotel chain Travelodge surveyed 6,000 Britons and discovered that 35 percent of adults admitted they sleep with their teddy bear because they found cuddling their bear comforting. Additionally, many said the calming feeling of a bear hug helped them lower their stress level after a hard day. A large number of the bear-toting travelers are men. Travelodge said that 25 percent of men reported they take their teddy bear with them when going away on business. The stuffed animal supposedly reminds them of home and--some say-- helps fill a cuddle-void left by distant partners.

abcnews.go.com

2 comments:

  1. That's a new one - I've never heard of hurka. Sounds good though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost any kind os homemade sausage we love sound wonderful.

    ReplyDelete