It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Doctors Pain and Christmas Lights

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Sometimes we ask ourselves are doctors here to help us or cause us more pain and suffering. The other day when Kathy went to her doctor about her shoulder the doctor twisted her arm to the point she cried out in pain. She left the office feeling worse than when she went in. Yesterday when she went for the Ultra Sound on her shoulder the technician twisted her arm again making her again cry out. Needless to say Kathy had a very restless night spending most of it in the recliner with ice packs and Tylenols trying to ease the pain.
Big Horn Mountains, Wyoming
We were up very early because of that so we made it to our haircut appointment early which worked to our advantage. After leaving there we went to my doctor’s office as his receptionist was to have made an appointment with a surgeon for my hernia. When I asked when the appointment was for her answer was that “she only submitted a referral yesterday and it could be a while before anyone gets back with an appointment. It could be into the new year when I see someone”.
Big Horn Mountains, Wyoming. Notice the 180 degree curve.
I then told her it was over three years I’ve had this problem and it was getting much worse. I said I would take the doctor’s advice and drive to Toronto to the Shouldice Clinic to get it done sooner. Strangely when I mentioned our problems on Monday’s blog Elaine from E & R’s Travels commented that Rick had the same kind of problem last year. They ended up travelling from New Brunswick all the way to the Shouldice Clinic in Toronto, Ontario to have his hernia fixed and now he’s feeling great so this must be a good place to go. I’ll be booking an appointment real soon.
Big Horn Mountains, Wyoming.
After leaving the doctor’s office we stopped for lunch at Wendy’s where using a coupon we both ate for less than $10.00. 
Big Horn Mountains, Wyoming
Since this is Wednesday we normally go for an evening visit with our son Kevin and daughter-in-law Melissa instead I had called last night to say we’d be early so I could clean his eaves troughs and install some of his Christmas lights. We were there around 12:30 so after I got Kathy comfortable in the house Kevin and I went out to start cleaning. I survived the discomfort by wearing a back support belt which helped keep pressure on the Hernia and let me concentrate on the task at hand. Since we are leaving in January Kevin wants to downsize his display this year. Since his hands won’t allow him to safely climb a ladder I do that part for him.
Big Horn Mountains, Wyoming.
We were finished by 3:00 and Kathy wasn’t feeling too good so we headed for home with the promise of seeing them next Wednesday. Back home I warmed up the last of Kathy’s vegetable soup for supper. With only 47 days until Christmas we are hoping we’ll be feeling better before the big day. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Why do idiots eat biscuits?

Because they're crackers!

6 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you are both having medical issues. I hope both problems get fixed. I had shoulder pain earlier this year and it was not fun. It had bothered me for months but I was lucky. One shot of prednisone in the join relieved the pain and and restored the range of motion. Hope they can help Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get better soon, don't wanna travel when sick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you can get into that clinic quickly, and get your problems resolved for travelling.

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you both get fixed up and feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear...we are so sorry you two are having such medical problems. I know what you mean though about waiting so long for an appointment. I waited 5 months once and then had to await another month to get a second opinion. By then I was in so much pain they did the back surgery with 10 days.
    I hope Kathy is feeling much better today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have one of those bags filled with some kind of beans that you pop into the microwave for about 2 minutes. It makes a great, very flexible heating pad. I too, had a long wait for an appointment with a rheumatologist. It didn't seem to matter that I could hardly walk at the time. I hope you both get some relief before your travels.

    ReplyDelete