It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, August 24, 2012

Good News Work Day

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Kathy and I both had a good night’s sleep for a change. It almost felt strange waking before 8:00 and feeling totally rested. Once breakfast was over it was back to work photo editing a file I have been putting together lately and Kathy had more research to do. You may ask why are you not heading outside on a gorgeous sunny day? Kathy has a lot of allergies that are amplified by the high humidity. Even though our temperatures here are not what they were earlier this summer the humidex was 95F (35C) here today which makes it hard for Kathy to breath.
Finally around 11:30 I needed to stretch so I went down to check for mail and to get information from Lynn the apartment manager about the improvements to the building continuing this coming winter when we’ll be heading south to Florida. After getting the mail I waited outside the office as Lynn was talking to a new tenant from what I heard. As that person steps out of the office I look at her and call her name. It was an old neighbor of mine that I hadn’t seen in over twelve years. Suddenly I’m getting a hug from a woman who was not my wife in front of the apartment manager who is wondering what was going on. Even her daughter recognized me remembering me taking all the neighborhood kids on bike rides around the local park. So I’ll be introducing Kathy after we get back from our next trip that we leave for in 11 days as they’ll be moving in for the first of the month.  
After I got the answer to the questions I needed I got back to the apartment just on time for Kathy to be serving lunch. I told her who I met and about the conversation I had with Lynn. The problem is the building is having work done to the roof and all the balconies. The work on the balconies has been progressing at such a slow rate that in four months only about 20% of them have had any work done and the first ones started still haven’t had their railings replaced. At this point it looks like we won’t have to be too concerned but to check back with her before we leave in January.
After more photo-editing for me and research for Kathy we were both feeling tired so we reclined in the living room. An hour later we were back at the keyboards working away.
Once the supper dishes were finished and the news was over I did a quick read over of the blogs we follow. The one ROAMING FREE 2010 by Tom and Marci had very good news. After almost three years of trying to sell their home it finally happened. We first met Tom and Marci and the boys at a non-rally get together with RV Dream followers for Independence Day in Thunder Bay, Michigan in 2010. Congratulations again on the sale of your home. We hope to meet up with you again on the road!
Thanks for following our adventures and don’t forget there are only 122 days left until Christmas Day. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What did you get for Christmas?

 A mouth organ, it's the best present I've ever had.

 Why?

My mother gives me extra pocket money every week not to play it!

1 comment: