It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Scratching Away

Our Location Today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Last night after writing our post Kathy and I figured we'd go for our usual late evening swim to hopefully help my back from the physical strain that was applied to it yesterday. That didn't happen! The pool is regularly maintained and monitored for bacteria and to be certain the PH is balanced. To do this occasionally requires water to be removed and fresh water added. That was done yesterday so by the time we arrived to use the pool the water temperature felt like the outside temp. The best we could get were warm showers back at the apartment to take the chill out of our bones.

We still slept fairly well probably from the work we did out in all that fresh air we had yesterday. After breakfast we did our usual computer reading and getting things ready to do more work this afternoon.

First we had to go to the trailer to use tools I had packed in the basement to repair my broken tamper. I also needed to take measurements for a couple of brackets that I still need to make for the trailer tomorrow.

After a quick stop at Home Depot we finally arrived at Karen's around 1:30. Today and the next few days I will work at levelling the patio area before I start to bring in stone to create the base. What really opens your eyes when you retire and don't keep up with the physically demanding jobs you always did before how you can't just do it as quickly as before. The aches and pains I'm feeling in my body now feel like the ones that I experienced when I was just starting my career. I am also not recovering as easily as I used to either.

We didn't stay for supper tonight because we needed to pick up some groceries which Kathy did while I recovered in the truck. Once home I fired up the barbecue while Kathy cooked up mushrooms sweet potatoes and zuccini.

I just looked at my to do list and realize that time is slowly flying by. That means it is only 46 days until we're on the road in June and 76 days until the trip in July. Fastly approaching we all will be awaiting the return of Summer in 63 days. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It's about time.

Krackers

Office Jokes, Quotes, and Anecdotes

E-mail bankruptcy:

When you are so inundated with both genuine and spam e-mail,

that you have to delete everything and start over again.

urbandictionary.com

2 comments:

  1. I think we all just have to slow down and take it a bit easier as we get older - and that's a hard change to make sometimes. Hope you sleep well tonight and the aches and pains are better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete