It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, March 23, 2012

Slow Busy Day

Our Location Today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

We were up shortly after the sun started seeping into our room. The only place we needed to go to early this morning was the grocery store for some of their specials.

Once we were back home Kathy sorted the laundry for me because my back is still sore. As I was just about to head downstairs to the laundry room our daughter Karen called. We were supposed to help her move her clothes dryer today and she asked if it would be okay that we wait until Sunday. She had a bunch of things on her list to do but she knew I was having problems with my back and didn't want to add to the problem. Thanks Karen!

While I was downstairs Kathy was busy going through the refrigerator. It seems lately that when we buy fruits and vegetables they have to be used fairly soon or they will spoil. Both Kathy and I agree that letting the food spoil only to throw it out would be the same as throwing our money away which is not good. The last three days we had been out at our son Kevin's home working on things for the trailer so the food in our fridge has just sat there unused. By the time I came up for lunch our fridge was sparkling clean with dishes containing meals for the next four days.

After lunch I put away the folded laundry while Kathy finished cooking Celery Root. Many people don't know what that is and if they saw it would say "Yuck that looks Gross." That's the words our daughter used because she had never tasted it before. So while Kathy was explaining it to her and cooking it with her back turned Karen ate nearly the whole thing. Kathy was shocked but could only laugh because now all our daughter could say was "it tasted so good I couldn't stop." She has asked if we have had any Celery Root lately only to be disappointed  when told that yes we did but just didn't tell you. It is good though.

After some reading I made more data entries and then attempted to find our Picasa Photo Album. Finally I managed to go through the album and remove about 30 pictures without affecting our posts. When I was first setting up our blog back in November I was having difficulty uploading pictures so I had as many as eight header pictures all the same. Later as I would upload pictures many would be turned and because I couldn't rotate them I would remove them but they never left the album. So even though we are not green to blogging after four and a half months we are still learning.

Kathy and I would also like to welcome a new follower to our blog Jenny Johnson. Thank You for following but we didn't see any information or blog so if that ever happens let us know so we can give you a shout out and see what your up to.

I also found a little Gizmo or Gadget for counting down our travels this year. I'm not really sure I like it because its countdown runs from midnight to midnight and seems to be days between rather than days to which is not quite the same. So I'll see whether or not we keep it keep watching.

I uploaded more pictures that Kathy took using the DSLR and continue counting 89 days to Summer and 72 days until Kathy and I are back on the road. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It's about time.

Krackers


You might be a Redneck if

at any point during your son's graduation

You yelled "Go Scooter!"

1 comment:

  1. I agree there is always something to learn with posting pictures and blogging. I have enjoyed my attempt at blogging although at times it also becomes a frustration ...something I already have an excess of.

    ReplyDelete