It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Finally Getting It Right

Our Location Today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

After our trip out yesterday to Science City with our grandson Tyler not only did it wear him out but it caught up to us. When I laid my head on the pillow last night my eyes blinked and the sun was shining through the split in the curtains. What the heck just happened here? I never even woke up once to toss or turn  just goodnight and good morning.

After having breakfast we figured out the errands we needed to accomplish today. I headed downstairs for the mail while Kathy experimented with a recipe that she downloaded from a well known TV chef for Keylime Pie. She commented that there was no thickening agent listed but she'd try it anyways because the worst case scenario would be that we'd be having pudding instead of pie. After we had our lunch  Kathy placed a now cooled pie in the fridge in hopes of it solidifying.

We then left to run our errands and our first stop was to mail some letters then we stopped at Office Depot to get printer paper that was advertised on sale. Right next to the paper that was on sale was a skid of brand name paper that was 40% cheaper! Which one would you buy?

 Next stop was to the charitable drop off and then to pick up a parcel that we missed delivery on yesterday while we were out with Tyler. The gentleman at the depot searched and searched without any luck to find our package. He was also curious as to why the courier would bring the package to his location in Windsor which was 12 miles from our apartment in Tecumseh since there is another center 1/4 mile away from us. He took my information and said he'd call me.

Once we were home I needed to call the Satellite provider because strange things were happening that not being a techno geek had me confused and frustrated. I calmly explained that frustration and the technician spent almost a half hour getting it all straighten out.

Now I get a call saying my package was in fact at the location closest to me so out the door I go again. The guy at the desk says the drivers are always making the same mistake. At least now I know where to look first!

Back home the package is opened to find the replacement remote that was ordered last week in the package. Try as I might and not being a Techno Geek I have to recall the Satellite provider to help me set this up. After 5 minutes it was working just as bad as the remote it was sent to replace. Luckily the tech told me to hold on while she confirred with other techs. When she came back we started entering many different codes until finally after 45 minutes we found the code that made the satellite function properly with our television. I used a permanent marker and wrote the code in the remote incase the batteries would go dead or I had to replace them. Since they don't want you to return remotes and it was their techs who didn't fix it right from the start, after hanging up I immediately reprogrammed the faulty remote. The end result is that we now have two remotes that can operate our television just perfectly. 

It's amazing how yesterday I took the above picture and there was only one flower that wanted to share its beauty with us. Today that same flower was joined by many of its friends. With only 6 days until Spring arrives I think this is a very good sign.

It's about time.

PS: We had pudding for Supper!

Krackers


Billy: "I got a lovely Persian kitten for my girlfriend."

Ben: "I wish I could make a trade like that."

1 comment:

  1. I expect, under Murphy's law, one of the two remotes will be irretrievably lost within a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete