It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Another Cool Day

Our Location Today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Last night the temperature dipped well below the freezing mark leaving many farmers and landscaping companies wondering how much damage should they expect to the plants that were beginning to bloom from the warm weather this area had last week. Not trying to be a spoil sport even though Kathy and I both love the flowers but we have enjoyed the last couple of cool nights as we slept like logs. We are finally catching up on our lost sleep.

After breakfast and reading comments from Donna K. from Travels in Therapy and Erin from Two To Travel's Phaeton Journeys I attemped to resolve the problems we were having with our post. Both had written about old and new Blogger Interface.

Still being new to blogger I had heard terms before referring to Interface but not knowing exactly what it was. I also knew that I had not made intentional changes to our blog that should have made this change. I searched throughout the dashboard and anything that would say the word Interface with no luck. Finally about to go to an on-line tutorial I noted a small rectangular box to the right of the screen that had a design on it that resembled a gear on but no words.When I click on it a short menu appeared asking if I wanted to return to the Older Version Interface? I sure didn't answer no! One click and most of my nightmares on Blogger have disappeared. The only thing still missing are the editing shortcuts but I can survive without them.

Sorry I may be old fashioned by that New Interface did nothing but complicate something I was just getting used to. Now there is a link next to our sign-in that was not there before Asking ??? Try the updated Blogger Interface. After the problems I just had with it, NOT!

On the Good news side Tom and Marcie from ROAMING FREE 2010 finally sold their home so now they can realize their dream of fulltiming. Also Nan's husband John from Confessions of the RV Loving Fiber Artist is still in Intensive Care but was diagnosed as having Pneumonia. The doctors are saying at this time he will make a full recovery. John was working so hard to get their home on the market that he ran himself down and finally colapsed. Here again is wishing them both the best.

We picked up a few more groceries today which helped us get some exercise as well. I'm certain I'll start exercising more tomorrow since the temperatures will be back to normal. After I pick up the racks I made at our son's tomorrow evening I'll be starting to work on the trailer again. We are now down to only 85 days before the start of Summer and only 68 days until Kathy and I are on the road again. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It's about time.

Krackers

You might be a Redneck if

Your truck permanently has

"wash me"

writen in the dust on the tailgate.

4 comments:

  1. If the old interface is what works for you then glad you got it back. Whatever works is my motto - no use working with something that's making you frustrated. Your blog looks good and you are enjoying it and that's the main thing. Glad you got some good sleep with the cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Counting your days to get back on the road is like waiting for vacation to start. It's such a fun thing today. Hopefully, those days will fly by for you and you'll be back on the road in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, looking good with the "old" interface! Glad you were able to find it and get things back to where you recognized them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to flip between the old and the new interfaces ... I like certain aspects of each; and some things you just can't do on the new interface (like when I wanted to remove word verification). See if this post helps with getting your quick edit pencil back (assuming that's what you meant above): http://blogknowhow.blogspot.com/2011/02/fix-missing-quick-edit-pencil-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete