It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, January 12, 2012

All or Nothing.

Our Location Today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Having been away most of the day yesterday Kathy and I were nearly in a state of shock when we got home and checked the computer. Since we became part of the Blogging Community we have expanded the number of blogs we have been following. One reason for doing so is that not everyone we follow posts a blog everyday. Well guess what, yesterday we hit the Motherload. People that post once a month or weekly or every other day all posted yesterday. We had over fifty blogs to check out as well as publishing our own. Needless to say it was a long night or should I say early morning before we got to bed.

It seems that in many cases we embrace the advancements of changing technology and then other times we'd like to open the door and see how far it could fly. I have always been a hands on type of person from wood work, electrical, plumbing, metal working, welding and automotive. When it comes to computers most people are way ahead of me as most of my experience is self taught with a few tips from people that are being helpful when they note I'm struggling.

Another thing I'm not too big on is the use of Acronyms because some have different meanings because they can relate to mechanical, electrical, financial and even psycological terms. If you recall we just switched over from Cable TV  to Satellite TV. We have had a number of problems that no matter what the 800 page book said it would not work. So to fix this problem I spent nearly an hour and half on the phone this morning getting it to work and work properly. We had to change frequencies and other settings. Amazingly I was the one doing all the reconfiguring while the tech talked me through it. It was rough at first because he started using Acronyms and I had to remind him many times I didn't have a clue as to what he was saying. After I told him to use laypeoples terms everything started falling in place.

Ran a few errands this afternoon and got stuck in rush hour traffic on Tecumseh road. I survived that knowing I didn't have to rush to be anywhere and my goal was just to get home safe and sound. What helped keep me calm was knowing that it's only 68 days to spring.

It's about time.
Krackers

A snail walks into a bar and the barman tells him
there's a strict policy about having snails in the bar
and so he kicks the snail out.
A year later the same snail reappears and say,
"What did you do that for?"

4 comments:

  1. I liken the computer teck to the doctor..please talk to me in english..so I can understand...so I can feel your pain..glad to see its all working right !! Have a super weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  2. no rules on blogreading..sometimes I get so far behind I just can't catch up..so I just start fresh and move on!..way less stressful that way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With the number of blogs that I follow, it's impossible to keep up with all of them. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summers get too busy to keep up with blog reading... but during the winters, I try to read them either with coffee in the morning, or at night if there is dumb stuff on tv. (yup, tonight is dumb stuff!)

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete